How to troubleshoot IC Series Inverter/Charger
Secure Loose Connections
Check all terminal block screws, in particular the ones holding wires coming from inside the unit (in the red rectangle in Figure 1). If these screws are loose, that will limit pass through.
Figure 1 - Terminal Block Screws
Diagnosing the Issue
Check to see if current is coming out of the inverter with a multimeter at the terminal block screws between Hot One Input and Ground as well as between Ground and Hot One Output. See figure 2.
On the remote, scroll to the "Unit Readings" tab, and select AC Input and VAC out to view any outgoing current from the inverter.
Figure 2 - Hot One Input, Output & Ground
If AC is not visible at Hot 1 input, the problem is further back in the electrical system.
Inverter Charger Not Turning On
The relays that allow pass through need power from the battery to operate. If the battery voltage has dropped below the Low Voltage Disconnect point on the inverter, it will not turn on and it will not pass power through and charge the batteries.
If the inverter turns on without plugging into shore power than this will not be the case.
If AC is still not passing through try a hard reset on the inverter.
- Disconnect AC and DC from the Inverter Charger, wait 30-45 minutes.
- Re-connect DC to the Inverter Charger and turn it on
- Check the two AC circuit breakers on the side of the Inverter Charger to ensure they are not tripped
- Set shore power setting to AC source being used (ie 50A. 30, 15)
- Re-connect AC power into the Inverter Charger. If AC power has successfully passed through the Inverter Charger, you will hear a "click" from the internal Transfer Switch. Charging will show on the remote as well.
- You can also check to see the AC in and AC out readings on the remote panel under the "Unit Readings" section. Alternatively, you can physically take a measurement on the terminal strip of the Inverter Charger, seen in Figure 1.
If the issue is occurring with a generator, try connecting to shore power. If shore power is working but the generator is not there may be a compatibility issue. Check the firmware version on the remote of the inverter. If the firmware version is below 1935.01 the problem may be able to be solved by a firmware update.