Jun 24, 2022
HOW TO MAINTAIN AND TROUBLESHOOT THE IC SERIES INVERTER
The IC Series is designed to be service-free. Even though there are no user serviceable parts, it is recommended that every 6 months you perform the following maintenance steps to ensure optimum performance and extend the life of your batteries:
- Visually inspect the batteries for cracks, leaks, or swelling—replace if necessary.
- Use baking soda to clean and remove any electrolyte spills or buildups.
- Check and tighten all battery terminal connections.
- Check and fill battery water levels in flooded lead acid batteries.
- Check individual battery voltages (load test those that have a voltage difference of more than 0.3 VDC from each other) and replace if necessary.
- Check the Inverter/Charger’s ventilation vents—clean if necessary.
- Visually inspect all cables in both the DC and AC systems. Check for wear/abrasion. Replace if necessary and ensure strain reliefs and cable protection is installed to prevent future damage.
- Check and tighten ALL terminal block connections on inside of Inverter/Charger’s AC cover plate.
- Check the ground connections are secure on the Inverter/Charger, battery bank, main/sub panels and the earth ground on the RV, or boat.
- Check the battery sensor is still securely attached to the battery bank.