Feb 24, 2020
- Locate the positive battery cable from the solar charge controller.
- Plan where you can safely and easily access the fuse holder & fuse.
- Cut the battery positive cable from the solar charge controller to the planned lengths.
- Strip the fuse holder cable and positive cable from solar charge controller as shown in Fig 4-F.
- Thread the red heat-shrink onto the fuse holder cable.
- Insert the fuse holder and solar charge controller stripped cable ends into the butt splice as shown in Fig 4-G.
- Crimp the butt splice fully - test the connection by gently pulling on both cables.
- Thread the heat-shrink over the butt splice as shown in Fig 4-H.
- Use the heat gun to shrink the heat shrink over the butt splice as shown in Fig 4-I.
- Repeat the process for the other fuse holder cable & battery bank connection.
- Do not install the fuse at this stage.